WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Lose Changes to Style When Document ReOpened

Hi there! It sounds like you're having trouble with your changes to a style not being saved when you reopen the document. Here are a few things you can try:
  1. Make sure you're saving the document after making the changes to the style. You can do this by clicking the "Save" button or pressing Ctrl+S on your keyboard.
  2. Check that you're saving the changes to the correct template. If you're making changes to a style in a document, those changes will only be saved to that specific document unless you save them to the template. To do this, go to the "File" tab, click "Save As," and choose "Word Template" from the "Save as type" dropdown menu. Give your template a name and save it. Now, any changes you make to styles in this document will be saved to the template and will be available for use in any new documents based on that template.
  3. Try repairing your Office installation. Sometimes, issues with Word can be caused by a corrupted installation. To repair your installation, go to the "Control Panel" and click "Programs and Features." Find Microsoft Office in the list of installed programs, right-click it, and choose "Change." Select "Repair" and follow the prompts to repair your installation.

I hope one of these solutions works for you!