View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Word should catalog misspelled words to study.

That's a great suggestion! While Word doesn't currently have a feature to catalog misspelled words for study, there are a few workarounds you can try.

One option is to use the AutoCorrect feature in Word. You can add commonly misspelled words to the AutoCorrect list, so that Word will automatically correct them as you type. To do this,
  1. go to the File menu,
  2. select Options,
  3. and then select Proofing.
From there, click on the AutoCorrect Options button. In the AutoCorrect dialog box, you can add the misspelled word in the "Replace" field and the correct spelling in the "With" field. This way, you'll be able to see the correct spelling as you type, and eventually, you'll learn to spell the word correctly on your own.

Another option is to use the Spelling & Grammar feature in Word. When you run a spell check, Word will highlight any misspelled words and offer suggestions for correct spellings. You can then make note of any words you consistently misspell and practice spelling them correctly on your own.

As for your suggestion for a study list and spelling test routine, that would be a great addition to Word! I recommend submitting your suggestion to Microsoft through their feedback channels, as they are always looking for ways to improve their products based on user feedback.