Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Page numbering problem in multisection document when formatting co

If you're restarting page numbering at some point, then this setting is
being propagating through all the new sections you create.

"Dudley Rose" Dudley wrote in message
I have a multisection document that a program Living Cookbook generates
through a Word template. It comprises a title page section, a table of
contents section, a section of recipes, and an index section. Page

numbers
begin at the recipe section. If I highligh ingredients of one of the
recipes, for example, and farmat them into 2 columns, the following page
number changes to 2. I can go into the footers and eventually set each

page
number (although I usually have to set it at 1 minus the page I want) and

get
it fixed. But there must be a way to avoid this problem and the

associated
page by page fix.

I have looked through several of the help pages on page numbers and
sections, but nothing seems to apply to this problem, at least as I can
figure out. I'm glad to provide an example file; although that doesn't

seem
possiblewithin the newsgroup.

Thank you,
Dudley Rose