Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Merged files not individually collated and stapled when word print

You could look around Graham Mayor's site a bit more -

or see

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/CreateAMacro.htm

then at what point in the mail merge process
do i run the macro?

In this case you probably need to set up the mail merger main document,
connect it to the data source, then run the macro.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Sep 19, 3:30 am, "Graham Mayor" wrote:
You should be able to do this with one of fellow MVP Doug Robbins handy
merge macros

Sub SplitMergeLetterToPrinter()

' splitter Macro
' Macro created 16-08-98 by Doug Robbins to print each letter created by
' mailmerge as a separate file.
'

Letters = ActiveDocument.Sections.Count
Counter = 1
While Counter Letters
ActiveDocument.PrintOut Background:=False, Range:=wdPrintFromTo, _
From:="s" & Format(Counter), To:="s" & Format(Counter)
Counter = Counter + 1
Wend

End Sub

My web sitewww.gmayor.com
Word MVP web sitehttp://word.mvps.org

psy UK wrote:
Merged documents containing several records are not individually
collated and stapled when you use the mail merge feature to print in
word, i.e. 1 document is printed and stapled on the printer. I have
seen the knowledge based article detailing how to do the same thing
in Publisher by changing values in regedit.

Does a similar answer exist in relation to word.

Many thanks

I would like to use this macro but don't know where to start with
word macros. How do i take the snipit of text above and use it to
create a macro in word. then at what point in the mail merge process
do i run the macro?

Thanks,

Scott