Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
nospam nospam is offline

Default Printer Template Printing?

I don't know if this is possible with either software
or any printers...

I have a situation where I'm doing a mail merge of
about 5000 records. However, because it's done on
a computer that has limited memory, it takes a long
time to do the merge. I know I can merge smaller
sections at a time, but I'm hoping there may be
other options.

Is it possible with Word and/or printers where Word
can download the template document to the printer and
then download the "merge" data? This way Word
wouldn't have to have template duplicated for
every record.