Graham Mayor

On reflection the following two lines added to an AutoOpen macro would
prompt you to save all documents with a new name on opening

Dialogs(wdDialogFileSaveAs).Show
ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveDocument.FullName

See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm

Graham Mayor wrote:
It would probably be simpler if you saved the types of documents you
use in this manner as templates. Then new documents created from them
would always require new names.

Kaïn wrote:
Many times I use an older document as a basis for the document I am
working on.

In order not to inadverterly save OVER that document, I would like to
make a (n automated) macro that prompts me to Save my current
document As .. (with possiblity to keep current name or use an other
one),
after like 1 minute or so.

I have however no clue as how to to such a thing.

I think the SaveReminder add-in from Graham Mayor's site
(http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm) (GREAT tool BTW) can be used as
a basis, but my knowledge of this programming language is too limited
to make the macro myself.

My thanks to anyone who can help me with this.

Kaïn