chixwchops

Thanks...I believe I know what to do, but I just cannot figure out exactly
how to do it. Any help is appreciated.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Save the CreateDate field as an AutoText entry with an appropriate name (for
AutoComplete purposes) or assign a keyboard shortcut.

"chixwchops" wrote in message
I'll try to explain this as best I can.

I need to create a contact log for phone calls / meetings with clients &
other staff. I'd prefer to do this in Word & I need to keep track of

dates &
times of contacts.

Currently, I've assiged a keyboard shortcut for inserting the date field

and
the time field. However, when I open the document later, the dates &

times
have changed to the orignial date & time.

I've read about changing the date to CREATEDATE instead of the simple DATE
when looking at the code by pressing Alt + F9. However, I also see that
there is a way to Insert - Field - Create Date - and then select which

type
of date/time I would like to insert into the document. However, I cannot

see
a way to create a keyboard shortcult to do this step automatically for me.

Can anybody give me a step-by-step for how to insert a keyboard shortcut

create a createdate field with the same preference to be used each time?
Thanks.