Strayer

Default Floppy docs from Word 2000, word 2002 says it cant read format

Hi,
I have Win 98 and Word 2000 at home. I have a book on floppy and the
current book saved on floppy. I have used floppies since 1983.
My concern is not the doc, but getting word 2002 to read word 2000. This is
a a public library and no one has access to the HD.
The OS is win pro 2000.
Any ideas?
Strayer

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

You should not save files directly to a floppy disk or other
removable media from Office applications, because doing so
usually results in file corruption sooner or later. Save to the
hard drive, close the file, and then use Windows Explorer or My
Computer or your CD mastering software to copy the file to the
removable media.

You should not open files directly from a floppy disk or other
removable media in Office applications, because doing so usually
results in file corruption sooner or later. Copy the files to
your hard drive, remove the read-only attribute in
File-Properties, modify and save the file to the hard drive,
close the file, and then use Windows Explorer or My Computer or
your CD mastering software to copy the file to the removable media.

File corruption can occur when there is not enough space on the
removable media for the Office application to create the
necessary temporary files, and there is no way of knowing how
much space the temporary files will use. See
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=211632 "Description of how
Word creates temporary files" for more information.

Strayer wrote:

A document in word 2000 on floppy disk is not reconized by word 2002. The
message says try formatiing the disk. HUH?