Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sara Sara is offline

Default I CAN'T GET RID OF THIS LINE and IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY!

I don't know what I did but I finally did get rid of the lines. Couldn't
tell you what it was though. I know it wasn't using a different style.
Please tell me, where are the tools so I can adjust auto formatting. Thanks.

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

Ctrl+Q would only get rid of the border if it's not part of that paragraph's
default style formatting. I.e., Ctrl+Q restores a paragraph to its defaults.
If its default includes a border (regardless of how it got there), the
Ctrl+Q won't zap it, and might even in fact supply borders where none
existed before.

Try applying a different style. Does that get ride of the line?

Or... try modifying the style to remove the border from its definition.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"sara" wrote in message
I can't get rid of the line no matter what I do. If I use bullets it shows
up, etc. I've tried the ctrl + Q but that doesn't work. it's not a
border
thing.

tell me, where do i find "tools" so i can try that way before i lose my
mind
here. thanks.

"CyberTaz" wrote:

What you are most likely dealing with is a Border... Have a look he

http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...tRidOfLine.htm

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac