Jay Freedman

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 11:35:02 -0800, AnttiK antti.koksalo( at
)vamp.fi wrote:

Hi Jay and Suzanne.

Thank you a lot for your answers. I'd like to try that way where I don't use
VBA. I don't have experience of VBA. Yes I know it's basic language, but
still I don't have time to learn it.

If you have this kind of problem, how you solve that without VBA? Is there a
way to limit useable styles, without protecting document? Can I lock only
some parts of document perhaps? I think the solution is very simple, but I
just don't get it.

Please help me a bit more...

-Antti

If I'm correct that you're using Word 2003 -- and if everyone who will
need to fill out your form also has 2003 -- you can use the new
protection feature it introduced.

Remove the form fields, and just leave spaces and/or paragraph marks
there as appropriate. In the Protect Document task pane, change the
Editing Restrictions from "Filling in forms" to "No change (Read
only)". Select each former form field area in turn and check the
Everyone box in the Exceptions part of the task pane. When you've done
all the areas, click the Start Enforcing button.

You can password-protect the settings if needed.

One main difference between this and form fields is that you can't use
the Tab key to navigate through the fields. Instead, the task pane has
buttons for "Find Next Region I Can Edit" and "Show All Regions I Can
Edit".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman