Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Hollis Paul Hollis Paul is offline

Default Using a format setting in a css file

In article , Bob Buckland ?:-\) wrote:
Are you trying to apply CSS to a Word document, if so what version, or are you trying to apply CSS to a discussion group posting, in
which case whether it will be 'noticed' at all would depend on 'plain text' settings in some discussion group or which browser and
which website/slurp of the posting was being used by someone trying to read it.

Bob,

Strictly speaking, the target is a blog page, but their editor does allow
one to paste from Word to its editor. In fact, I use Blogjet, so I am pasting
into Blogjets editor. I know that Word 2003 and Word 2007 do the styles
differently, but the Word 2003 approach seems more simpatico. I tried using a
suggested p class="h4", and that caused an error that wiped out the entire
message.

Style H1, from Word 2003, produces the following in the BlogJet HTML view:

h1 style="MARGIN: 12pt 0in 3pt"span style="FONT-SIZE: 22pt"
font face="Arial"This is a very long message styled with a large type
that will extend to a second line and needs extra space between lines.
?xml:namespace prefix ="" o ns ="" "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /
o/o/font/span/h1
pspan style="mso-bidi-font-size: 14.0pt"o /o/span/p
pspan style="mso-bidi-font-size: 14.0pt"This is normal./span/p

I suspect I don't need the schema stuff.

I have just noticed the p.h4 locator used in a different css file, so that may be
the way to go. But, would we use the style or the class to designate the h4?
--
Hollis Paul
Mukilteo, WA USA