Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Richard O. Neville

Default word asks if want to save changes when are none

If there are any fields in the document that update upon opening, Word
considers this a change. A cross-reference or a date would be an example.
You can always answer "no" to the changes, but Word will continue asking.
Check the Edit-Links menu to look for links that automatically update.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi

I have a problem in that some of my Word documents will when opened and
then closed without there having been any changes at all, cause Word to
ask if I want to save the changes to the document. I think this started
after I re-named the affected documents but am not sure.

Any ideas?

Thanks

AM