Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Klaus Linke

Default Table AutoFit Not Working

Hi Ted,

You mean "AutoFit to Contents", right? Hard to say without seeing the
document.
If you want, you can mail me a sample to

The command optimizes the column widths, and as far as I can see tries to
minimize the total height of the table.
Seems to work pretty well, most of the time.

Maybe the problematic cell has a large right padding defined (Table
properties Cells tab Options)?
Don't know what else could interfere... maybe merged cells, or some hidden
object.

Greetings,
Klaus

"koala824 at Comcast" wrote:
When I invoke Table AutofFit in Word 2003, it makes column adjustments,
but they are not correct. Specifically, some cell entries spill over to a
second line in the cell when there is actually plenty of room to put
everything on a single line. This even happens with a single word ending
in 's' where the 's' is separated from the rest of the word and put on the
second line. Thanks in advance for any help.
Ted