Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Tim Jarrett Tim Jarrett is offline

Default Multiple rulers

Bob
Thanks for that, I didn't realise you could do that. That's useful, but I'd
still prefer to see a ruler fixed to the page margin. :-)

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Hi Tim,

If you move your cursor over any column or row border in a table, so that you get the 'double arrow' ('drag this to resize') cursor,
then click there while holding the alt key, the ruler should show you the distance from the left edge of the page to the start of
the left table border or top table border depending on your choice of selecting a horizontal or vertical border.

=============
"Tim Jarrett" wrote in message ...
The problem comes when you're using a table and you drag the whole table
left, right, up or down the page. In this case the whole ruler changes -
zero stays with the leftmost edge of the table, so you cannot tell where on
the page the left edge of the table lies. It would be better maybe if the
ruler stayed locked to the edge of the page. The same thing happens with the
vertical ruler as well.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP