Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
FGarvin FGarvin is offline

Default How do I revert from office 2007 menus to 2003 look and feel?

People have always purchased newer versions of microsoft products expecting
to be able to keep the same basic look and feel of the previous version. Most
times, people do not buy it, it is purchased by the company they work for and
shoved down their throats whether they want it or not.

Attitudes like yours however is what is making more and more people leave
microsoft for free solutions such as Linux and Open office. Its bad enough
when you are forced to use something, but when you are told to just shut up
and lie back and enjoy it, you pretty much want to get up and leave.

"CyberTaz" wrote:

Let me understand....

You bought Office 2007 sight unseen with the assumption that it was the same
as what you already had (2003). Now, upon finding that the *new version*
actually is *new* you expect MS to revise 2007 to be what the prior version
was. Yeah, that makes sense %}

I don't think you were taken any more by surprise than most of us by the
radical change in the UI. Herb offers some excellent advice and - who knows
- in time you may find that you wouldn't go back to the "Classic" UI even if
it were available. There's no doubt it takes quite an adjustment period.

Good Luck |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 9/9/07 3:40 PM, in article
, "Paradise"
wrote:

Thank you... I knew about these already... What I am looking for is
Microsoft to add the classic 2003 feature to thier product. I realize some
folks think the new look and feel is great , I hope the MS realizes that a
great deal of CUSTOMERS like the Classic menu's and built in MS options
should be available for them. After the money I just spent for this product
I am not going to pay more to fix it... Thanks again for the suggestion..

Mr Bill, Are you listeming?

"Luc" wrote:

Paradise,
Maybe this will make your life easier: