Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Text scrolls even when I don't touch the scroll bar. Office 20

See if there's a 'mouse' driver upgrade available that does provide these
functions.

Emily wrote:
I have a similar problem except that my touch pad won't scroll. I
looked under Mouse properties but there is nothing that
enables/disables this function or adjusts the sensitivity. Is there
anywhere else that I might be able to fix this? I am running Windows
Vista.

"Beth Melton" wrote:

It sounds like your touch pad has scrolling enabled. Check your Mouse
Properties in the Control Panel and see if scrolling can be disabled
and/or decrease the sensitivity. Most have this option but it
depends on your touch pad/computer.

Personally, I love the ability to use the touch pad to scroll since
I don't use a wheel mouse. If you can determine what you are doing
exactly to start scrolling (chances are you are near the right edge
or bottom of the touch pad - these are typically the scrolling
zones) you might find you prefer it too. :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"NickR" wrote in message
When I touch the touch pad on my notebook, I intermittently
experience scrolling even when the arrow is pointing at text. A
small rectangle apears
below the arrow with + and - indicated, and the scrolling is in the
corresponding direction. This is also happening in Explorer as I
write but does not happen in, say, Windows Notebook. I am using
Office 2003 on Vista Home Basic.