daveocampo

Thank you Charles.

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

One level of protection would be to have the new document blank unless
macros are enabled. You use an AutoNew macro to actually create the form
(possibly from an AutoText entry). You could have a message display in the
no macros enabled version of the form that says it will not work unless
macros are enabled.

This is easy to get around or defeat but will work for most users.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"daveocampo" wrote in message
Hello Suzanne,

One follow-up question: I added the macro to my document and then saved
it
as a template document. The macro works perfectly. This form I created
will
be used by employees outside my organization. It is a standardized form
so I
don't want them adding extra lines of text or exceeding the form field
length
properties. The macro prevents all of these issues, provided the user
ENABLES the macro. The downside is the user has the option to DISABLE the
macro as part of Microsoft's virus macro security warning. Is there a way
include in the template an "abort the session" macro if the user selects
disable the EnterKey macro? Thanks!

Dave

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See "WD: How to Code ENTER Key to Move to Next Field in Form"
http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=211219

so
all may benefit.

"daveocampo" wrote in message
Hi,

I created a Word document template (.dot) with Form Fields, then I
saved
the
template in Protected mode and restrict the user to only allow
Filling-In
the
Forms Fields; however, if the user hits the Enter key, the form will
generate
a line break and distort the standardized document template. Is there
macro or function in Word to disable the Enter key in a .dot form
field?
If
not, maybe MS Offfice Development Team can add this feature to the Form
Field
Propeties dialog box. Thanks!

David