Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rmathur rmathur is offline

Default how to edit scanned documents

Jezebel wrote on 09/13/2006 01:42 ET :
A scan is a graphic. You need to use OCR software to convert it to text.
Microsoft Imaging (comes with Windows) does a reasonable job. And I've never
seen a scanner that didn't come with an OCR product -- check the HP CD.

"anne" wrote in message
i scanned a word document containing texts only, when i scanned using HP
6213
officejet to microsoft i was not able to edit the documents, is it
possible?what will I do?thanks and reagrds to all

you can do it online easily without using any software. check out the
articles:

Scanned For Free Or Paid - The Exciting New Way to Convert Documents Online

http://ezinearticles.com/?Scanned-Fo...amp;id=4736012

Edit Forms and Image Documents - How to Edit Your Forms and Image Documents
Online the Easy Way

http://ezinearticles.com/?Edit-Forms...nts-Online-the

Convert & Edit - Edit PDF Documents Without Using Any Software on Your PC

http://ezinearticles.com/?Convert-an...amp;id=4624535