Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default end note question

Footnotes will respond to a number of different nudging techniques, such as
monkeying with margin and edge settings. The technique usually with the
fewest repercussions (in my experience) is to enable the "Keep lines
together" paragraph formatting attribute. Assuming the footnote is a single
paragraph, click in it. In the Home tab, click the Paragraph launcher (lower
right corner of the Paragraph section), and in the Line and Page Breaks tab,
enable Keep lines together.

If you NEVER want a footnote to spill over, you can modify the Footnote Text
style to include the Keep lines together attribute. Click in the Footnote,
and press Ctrl+Shift+S. Click Modify. In the dialog box, choose Format -
Paragraph - Line and Page Breaks tab, and tick the setting there. Then OK
your way out.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word Bible

"richard" wrote in message
On 5/1/2010 4:52 PM, Herb Tyson [MVP] wrote:
Assuming that you're using Word 2007 or 2010, in the References ribbon,
click the icon at the lower right corner of the Footnotes section.
Choose Endnotes, then drop down the Number format: options and choose 1,
2, 3...

Thanks, Herb. Another question. I changed the end notes to footnotes, but
one footnote (only two lines of text) spills onto the next page. How can I
get that note all on one page?
Thank you/