Try adding "meta" (uncapitalized) to your custom dictionary.

"Brian" wrote in message
Thanks for the quick response Mary. Unfortunately I already added meta to
that list and it made no difference. You can demonstrate this for yourself

by
adding meta to the list as you described, then creating a new document and
typing 'This is my test of the word meta. Will it underline?' Meta will be
underlined in green and will come up as a capitalization grammar

exception.

"Mary" wrote:

FormatAuto correct Options Auto correctexceptions other

corrections and
add meta as "do not correct."

"Brian" wrote:

I am using the word 'meta' in my document. For reasons unknown to me,
everytime I do a grammar check, Word flags 'meta' for capitalization.

The
help for this begins with 'Some words are always capitalized'. Meta

should
not be one of those words.

I don't want to turn the grammar check feature off, and I don't want

ignore this rule, I only want to exclude 'meta' from the words that

must
always be capitalized. Cna anyone help?