Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Max

Default Headings and Page Numbers in the TOC, yo!

I just started a new job and inherited the updating of the "dreaded manual".

A few problems:
1. This company sometimes deletes a whole page from the manual because that
page is in regards to a specific client, which no longer needs to be included
in the manual. However, some of the deleted pages contain a heading which
needs to remain in the Table of Contents (TOC). Of course, when the page is
deleted it removes the Heading from the TOC. Is there another way to set
this up with the TOC, or should I be using a different tool?

2. They want certain headings to appear in the TOC, but not in the body of
the document. Any suggestions?

3. The page numbers in the text body are messed up. I have four Page 1's -
and it looks like each Page 1 is appearing after a Section Break (Next Page).
How do I fix that?

Any solutions?! -Max