Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Charles Kenyon

Default How do I imbed 1 letter and evelope in one document?

This will almost certainly be more trouble than it is worth.

Envelopes are inserted by the wizard as a separate section at the beginning
of the document. It does this because the page setup is contained in the
section mark at the end of the section. You can insert sections at the end
but will need to clear the header/footer settings that carry over from the
previous section. Then when you insert a new letter, you need to reverse
the process. When you print, you will then need the section information for
the pages you want to print.

It is easier to create a separate envelope template and create envelopes
based on that template. You can set up a macro in your letter template that
takes selected text, creates a new document based on your envelope template,
inserts the text as the envelope address. Then save the envelope to use as
needed.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"dj" wrote in message
Using Word 2003 for medical transcription work, I go through Tools,
Letters
and Mailings, Envelopes and Labels after I have already typed up a letter
and the mailing address is automatically selected for the envelope. This
works great for one letter/envelope per document, but I'd like to put in
different letters and corresponding envelopes on the same document. Does
anyone have any ideas on how to do this? Thanks!