Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default how to convert document to a table

You should be able to use Table | Convert | Text to Table. You can try
typing a space into the "Other" box for "Separate text at." If that doesn't
work, use Find and Replace to replace the spaces with tab characters (^t),
then convert separating at tabs. Make sure that the dialog indicates you'll
get two columns.

"Janey" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I have a long list of words in English, and their corresponding
meanings in Japanese. I'd like to convert the list to a table with the
English word in one column and the corresponding Japanese word in an
adjacent column.

I'd formatted the words so that the English word is in one font and
size, while the corresponding Japanese word is in a different font and
size.

There is only a single space separating the English and Japanese words.
At the end of each entry is an ENTER (new paragraph)

Is there any easy way to convert this list into a table???

I'd really not like to have to re-type the list.

Any help, much appreciated?