Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Nabil Nabil is offline

Default How to start a footnote from a number other than 1

Hi

I have been browsing for a solution to a problem about footnotes. Is it
possible to start a footnote from a certain number other than 1 in a new
section?

A master document has subdocuments for book chapters. The footnotes in each
chapter should start from 1. In chapter 1 I have 4 footnotes. In Chapter 2, I
inserted a new section to start the footnotes from 1. I have 12 footnotes in
chapter 2 so far. Then I had to insert a section break to get a landscaped
page within chapter 2. Then I inserted another section break to go back to
the portrait layout. In the new section for the portrait page that follow the
landscaped page when inserting a footnote I get footnote 1 instead of
footnote 13. I wonder if anything can be done to cure this or Microsoft needs
to make the footnotes more flexible. Did I miss anything?

Regards