Heidi

Hi Brad -

I had a similar problem and Jay and Suzanne gave me some good advice today.
Check the posts for 4/10/2005 on "Line spacing - too much lead."

If you've come up with any good fixes in the meantime, I'd be interested in
hearing about them.

Heidi

"Brad" wrote:

I am working in Word 2002 and received some Word 97 documents from Japan.
These documents all appeared to be have line spacing greater than single
spacing, and I thought this might be because of Asian typography rules.

I copied and pasted those documents into new files based on my Normal
template. This fixed the line spacing issue for all of the documents except
from one.

There is obviously something different about this one document, and I am
unable to fix it so that the line spacing looks like it is set at single.
When I look at the properties of the style Normal, Word tells me that the
whole document is set in single spacing, and that the language has been set
at English (US), but it sure doesn't look that way.

Can anyone help???