Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Sesquipedalian Sam Sesquipedalian Sam is offline

Default Word cannot recover Building Blocks.dotx

On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 12:45:15 -0800, Sesquipedalian Sam
wrote:

While I was trying to get a multi-section document to restart page
numbering in each section, Word crashed. When is finished trying to
recover, I got the message that it was unable to recover the document
"Building Blocks.dotx".

It doesn't sound like this is a good thing.

Do I need to do something? Word offered no hlep.

Damn. The document that I was editing when Word crashed had 20-30
images that I painfully created. Now they all show as blank white
rectangles.

It this a setting that I can change back or are all of these images
lost?