Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
InvisibleDuncan InvisibleDuncan is offline

Default Access to Word mailmerge staggeringly slow

Yes, I think that might be a wise move. I'll give the Access experts a go!

Thanks for all the help.

--
Duncan

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

The only other suggestion I can make may not be feasible in your
situation, and that is of course that if you have split
forms/macros/code into a separate front end and data into a separate
back end, then maybe there is not such a problem in this area.

It may be worth asking a new question in an access group about the whole
issue of what exactly Access is locking that causes other stuff to fail
- I certainly don't have the experience with Access to have much of a
clue other than what I have already said.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

On 22/02/2010 13:45, Invi