Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] wolf_tracks@invalid.com is offline

Default MS Office Word 2007 Has Stopped Working--Win7

On 2/27/2010 3:54 PM, Terry Farrell wrote:
I'm not sure as I have never had to use it. Did you actually get an
error saying it was for Vista?

Terry

Yes, I did. At the top of the page link you gave it says:

How do I fix the problem that I experience after I install an automatic
update for Word 2007 on a Windows Vista-based computer?

If I click the icon to fixit, it downloads a file. If I run the msi
file, it says, "this MS Fix it does not apply to your OS or app
version." It gives me the choice to get online help now. OK,let's see
what this gets me. I finally arrive at a place where I need to provide
an activation number to determine if I get free support.

OK, let's see about that. I wonder where on the box that might be? Two
different #s on the top of the box. Cute. The message offers to show me
where it is. "Click the MS Office Button, the Prog Name Options" No such
button. What fun. If I go to Start, and click on MS Word 2007, a tabbed
dialog appears. Zippo use for the number.

I cannot even find a text box to enter the number it might be. Ah, now
I'm on paid support.

Byb-bye MS.