Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default MS Office Word 2007 Has Stopped Working--Win7

MS don't make it clear do they? So many computers are coming with trial
version of Office 2007, but there is nowhere to warn you to uninstall it
before installing a retail copy. It causes some strange symptoms if you
don't uninstall first.

I can't see why the trial version doesn't just let you enter a valid product
code for it to continue working seamlessly. Think of the savings for
everyone if you could just purchase a product code!

Terry

wrote in message
What a wild goose chase. I finally called HP tech support, and they
suggested I remove any reference to the 60 day trial version, and then
uninstall Office 2007. I did and it's all done. I have no idea why I
started getting the messages I reported. So I am done. This W7 machine
is 80 days old, so I've got a long way to go on their support.

I've probably posted over 200 messages with the signature file that
include nuclear power, and not a single person has complained. I've
probably posted 20K messages, even 30-40K messages, with my name and
geolocation, and maybe 5 people had something to about it. So get used to
it. Mail programs have a provision for sig files, so why not use it?

--

Solid waste produced to generate electricity per person
over a lifetime:

-- Power to Save the World, Gwyneth Cravens