Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default Is it possible to put a word count in the status bar of Word 97 like in 2003?

You certainly can with W2007 and W2010, but I seem to remember it was
missing in W2003. But if you go to Tools, Word Count, the Word Count dialog
appears. Click on Show Toolbar. The Word Count will display on the toolbar.
But note that it is not dynamic and you need to press the Recount button to
refresh it.

If you search Google, you'll find that some users have create a utility to
display Word Count that you can download and install.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"SlickRCBD" wrote in message
I'm spoiled by using Word 2003 for the last 6 years. Is there any way
to put a "live" word count in the status bar of Word 97 like it has by
default in Word 2003 so I don't have to keep going through the menus?