Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Directory Question, maybe?

Without know more about your data, it is hard to be precise.

Is there only one title per merge?

How does the data that creates the Table of Contents compare to the data
that creates the Content?

Is it possible to build the Table of Contents from the Content data after
merging it into Word (using the built-in Table of Contents facility)?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Joe Schmeier" wrote in message
I have a need to do the following:

Title Page(s)
Table of Contents (preferably with bookmarks)
Content in "sections"

Content in "sections" refers to data merged from an Excel worksheet, one
"section" per row. Each "section" would be an item in the TOC, preferbly
linked)

I've almost gotten this working with the directory merge, but I don't know
how to NOT repeat the Title Page and TOC or how to construct the TOC. In
my
mind, it seems I'd have to merge the data in two times, once for the TOC
and
once for the actual content.

I created the document, browsed to the data source, inserted and formatted
mailmerge fields, and completed the merge.

Thanks.