Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Columns of equal length in Word 2003

Well, you do have to have a Continuous section break at the end of the
columns. But if they're still not balancing, check for text flow settings
such as "Keep with next," "Keep lines together," and even "Widow/orphan
control" that might be affecting the arrangement.

http://word.mvps.org

"mjones" wrote in message
Hi All,

When I create three columns beginning and ending with Continuous
Sections Breaks, the last columns is shorter. How do I make them
equal?

They look like this:

xxx xxx xxx
xxx xxx
xxx xxx

They should look like this:

xxx xxx xxx
xxx xxx xxx
xxx

Don't balance columns for continuous section starts is not checked.

I'd appreciate any help because this is driving me crazy.

Thanks,

Michele