Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kim Müller Kim Müller is offline

Default Problems with Saving Word Files

Hello everyone.

I am trying to create a document which then will be saved as a template for further use. The problem is, that everytime when I'm trying to save it by giving it a name and a path, word just seems to create or rename my file and then after one second just deletes it from said path amd renames it back to what it was before.

For example when I try to save document to desktop and call it template, the document called template will appear for one second on the desktop and on the top bar inside word you see the name swapping from document to template. After about a second the name at the top swapps back and the files disappears from my desktop. If I close the document at this point, word asks me if I want to safe it before closing. (because it didn't really save my file)

I tried every fix I was able to find (reinstalling word, open and repair, some sort of maggie fix, different computers etc) and ended up opening a new empty document entirely and copying everything over step by step, saving every chance I get to create a new working document. Now I'm here with like 30 documents and literally at the last page.

The second last page is in landscape mode while the last page has to be normal. So I create a section break next page (not sure if this is the correct english term, in german its called "Abschnittswechsel (Nächste Seite)) and swap from landscape to normal and as soon as I do this, the problem appears again.

I tried to find out what the problem was too by taking the document and deleting parts out of it until the problem disappears and it seems to be connected with section brakes.

The document has 9 pages in total, 2 of which need to be in landscape and the rest is normal. I unchecked the "connect with previous" under the header/footer options because landscape and normal use different placements for the header objects.

I am using a dell PC with win10 and Office 365. Sry for the wall of text but I tried giving as much info as possible. I have spent days now trying to find a solution and I couldn't find the source of the problem. I hope I can find some help here. The actual problem is really just that this file somehow just can't be saved what ever I try.