Daiya Mitchell

I have problems trying to set Tabs or anything on the ruler, and so I sure
can't explain it very well. That's why it's overkill (generally a
mini-specialty of mine anyhow).

But I think select all is necessary, no? because if he had already hit Enter
a few times, it wouldn't apply to all lines, and I think that's one of the
most confusing things about Tabs. Or do I not understand how the ruler
works, in addition to not using it much?

Daiya

On 4/29/05 4:19 PM, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

This is overkill. On the ruler, drag the Hanging Indent marker to 1.8"
(you'll need to press Alt to set it there, though; if you can be satisfied
with 1.75" or 1.88", then just drag to one of the preset stops). Word
automatically sets a tab stop at the hanging indent. Daiya's advice to add
Space After is good, however.

Whenever you press indent, you'll get another paragraph in the same format.
Of course, if you want this to be truly consistent, you would be better
advised to apply a suitably formatted style. Interestingly, there is no
built-in "Body Text Hang" style, but the List styles have a built-in hanging
indent that can be customized.