Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Default Switch between windows when entering merge fields in main document

It was introduced with Word 2002. Go back to the old method and you won't
have the problem - see

SueH wrote:
When adding fields to a Word Merge main document, in order to place a
field in another position, you must close the field window, then
reopen it for each field. This was new to 2003 and is driving me
crazy!

suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click
the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the
button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft
Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...merge.fi elds