Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

Default Word 2003/Access2000/SQLSVR

Sorry for the delayed response - I have been away. Nothing springs to mind
but I will have a look.

Peter Jamieson
"RSMITH" wrote in message
Sorry - I could have made that clearer - the data is held in a SQL Server
database and linked to Access 2000, I have tried taking the data directly
from SQL Server with identical results, there are around 150k records.
From
that I merge into a Word 2003 document, I don't use the wizard in word
because that is too cumbersome so I use the query facility that was
standard
in Word 2000, the records are usually simply filtered to an account number
and postcode.

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

How are you defining which records to merge? (e.g., are you checking
individual records in the Mail merge Recipients box, or specifying a
start
and end record number, or what?)

Also, what exactly is the data source? Are you using an Access table? An
Access query? An Access table linked to a SQL Server database? Directly
connecting to a SQL Server database? All of them?

Peter Jamieson

"RSMITH" wrote in message
I am merging a letter in Word that uses tables from Access and SQL - the
fields are simple address and names. On each occasion Word imports the
data
BUT - ignores the first requested record and inserts instead record #1
of
the
whole database - therefore on each merge I need to insert the data for
the
first required record separately. Otherwise the merge is perfect...
Any
ideas??