Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Default mailmerge and Visual Foxpro

I am not sure that it would be double work. It would only have to be done
one time.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Mark" wrote in message
Hi Doug,
Well that would be double work! No other hint?
Thanks
Mark

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

I don't know anything about VFP, but if you were using Access, I would
suggest creating a Query in which the data was sorted by the Name field
and
use the Query as the data source.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Mark" wrote in message
Hi,
I connect to a VFP Database via ODBC DSN and open the requested table.
The
data is displayed in its natural order. I click on the name field to
have
the
order set to "name". I return to my mailmerge lables and save my
word.doc.
Next time when I open the doc, the data is displayed in natural order
again
and I have to repeat the silly task of setting the wanted order.
Any hint.
Thank you
Mark