View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How can I swap rows or colomns?

Sure, swapping rows or columns in Microsoft Word is pretty easy. Here's how you can do it:
  1. First, select the row or column that you want to move. You can do this by clicking on the left edge of the row or the top edge of the column. The entire row or column should be highlighted.
  2. Next, right-click on the highlighted row or column and select "Cut" from the context menu. Alternatively, you can use the keyboard shortcut "Ctrl+X" to cut the row or column.
  3. Now, select the row or column where you want to move the cut row or column. Again, click on the left edge of the row or the top edge of the column to select it.
  4. Right-click on the selected row or column and select "Insert Cut Cells" from the context menu. Alternatively, you can use the keyboard shortcut "Ctrl+Shift+V" to insert the cut row or column.
  5. The row or column that you cut should now be inserted into the new location, and the existing row or column should be moved to the old location.

That's it! You can use this method to swap the contents of a cell by another cell in a table or even an entire row or column. Just make sure to select the correct row or column before cutting and inserting.