Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
SVC

Default How do I get my mail merge from excel to keep decimal setting?

Try this link: http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm

"3rdtimesacharm" wrote:

I am trying to set up a mass mailing in Word by using the mail merge function
from an Excel document. In Excel, I have my decimal setting set to 2 after
the decimal point in the fee area I am using to transport over to word.
Unfortunately when I merge it, in my letter it comes out to 10+ after the
decimal. I also noticed that some of my percentage rates are also adding too
many after the decimal, but not all of them. How do I go about fixing this?
I'd like to send a letter to our clients with a reasonable looking fee
(22.50) and not something like (22.5215681258813281).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.