Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Outline number positions change when I re-open doc

Did you make sure to set up numbering correctly, as explained at
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html ?
Specifically, make sure to set the paragraph indents in the Customize
Outline Numbered List dialog box, not in the Paragraph dialog box.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Korin" wrote in message
In Word 2003, I have a set of numbered headings and numbered text

paragraph
styles that all follow on from each other and work together (for

instance
heading 2.1 will be followed by heading 2.2 or 2.1.2 depending on

the level,
and the text after 2.1.2 will be numbered at 2.1.2.1 and so on).

I have the numbers set left, and the text indented at 2 cm, for all

of the
styles. However, when I re-open the file, I find that the styles

themselves
have changed and all the numbers and the text have jumped across the

page by
1.9 cm, so that the numbers are indented at 1.9, and the text at 3.9

cm.
It's driving me nuts! Can anyone help?