Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Some "Document Properties" in "Quick Parts" revert back to blank upon save

Even if the document was in *.docx format, it could have been in
compatibility mode so that it didn't support newer features.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"mbwd" wrote in message

Thank you so much for your response. I will try to use the instructions
in the link to create additional mapped content controls.

As for the saving and then reverting of the controls in my document, I
am at a loss to explain it. I was saving a .docx document as a .docx
document -- that is, just hitting the Save button or Cntrl-S. So it
still seems very weird that two of the controls would just revert to
blank. And more so because I can create the controls in another
document, and they work. But I can't paste those working controls into
my original document without having the same problem.

Oh well, hopefully with this new information I can create additional
controls. Thanks again!!!

'Stefan Blom[_3_ Wrote:
;495597']The document properties you are using make use of so-called
mapped content
controls, which require that you save your document in the most recent
file
format (*.docx). If you save in Word 97–2003 (*.doc) format, the
properties
will be lost.

For instructions on creating your own mapped content controls, see
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/word_tip_p..._controls.html.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP