Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JimBob JimBob is offline

Default Date Format Frustration - inconsistency

There are many postings over date format and I thought I'd got the measure of
it having referred to Graham Mayor's excellent site. Until . . .
I have a letter which populates with 3 dates from a client contact
spreadsheet. They were all formatting beautifully then bizarrely, after a
recent change elsewhere in the Word document, 2 format OK and 1 gives the
numerical value and I get, for instance: 23rd and 39715th. The field codes
are exactly the same, i.e. { MERGEFIELD "aDate1" \@ "d" \*Ordinal} and {
MERGEFIELD "aDate2" \@ "d" \*Ordinal}.
The 3rd date is elsewhere in the document and that's still fine. I've tried
replacing the mergefield and using it elsewhere in the document but that
gives the same result.

Any advice would be gratefully reecived. Many Thanks

I'm using Word 2003