Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Mail merge is displaying unwanted lines

What type of mail merge main document is this?

How are you achieving the "up to seven lines of data per page"?

Is this a "key field" type operation where those "up to seven lines of data"
have the same data in one or more fields and you are attempting to have that
data, that is the same for multiple records, appear only once in the output?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Sunnie M" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a mail merge that links to an Excel spread sheet. There can be up
seven lines of data per page. When I do the merge, there is always one or
two
lines of data that belong to one record but then appear on each following
record. It is never consistant. For example, record #23 can be displayed
correctly but then the last two line of that record are repeated on
records
24-170. In the past I have cut and pasted the 'problem' line to the bottom
of
my spread sheet and that seemed to work. Sometimes just closing out the
merge
and re-opening has solved the problem.

I don't think there is anything wrong with my fields or formulas because
it
is not a consistant issue.

I would appreciate any advice. Thank you.
--
Sunnie M