Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default New Bibliographic Styles (Bob Buckland... or anyone)

On Dec 1, 2:24*pm, John P wrote:
Hello again, Yves. Please just ignore the comment below from that yahoo. We
appreciate your hard work. I actually have a couple specific questions about
BibWord. Perhaps you'd be willing to discuss it over email? If so, please
drop contact me at .

More generally, is BibWord supposed to be some sort of GUI or WYSIWYG
interface for creating styles? Or do you still need to use 'code' in order to
make/edit them?

I'm sorry, but you would do far, far better to purchase one of the
stand-alone bibliography tools (there are even several designed
specifically for biblical scholars) than trying to use Word2007's
bibliography "tool." In a thread some months ago, I listed no less
than ten ways in which Word's "Chicago" style deviates from Chicago
style (and I worked directly or freelance for the University of
Chicago Press for twenty years).

Yves simply does not understand how scholarly referencing works, and
his admission today that he has never seen the Chicago Manual of Style
(the American standard for humanities publishing, at least) shows that
he takes no interest in the field for which he enjoys telling people
that all they have to do is write some XML code -- and that if they
change something in the 3500th line of code that they can access by
this or that method, the solution they need may emerge.

I take it you're not my friend John Perry, the professor of Persian at
the University of Chicago.