Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Default Locked Word document

There is no way to do this. Anything that someone can see, they can copy,
edit, whatever. All you can do is make it more difficult. A simple way to
make it more difficult in Word is to protect the document for forms. This
will stop most people, but not those with malicious or fraudulent intent.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"mike55999" wrote in message
Just wondering if there is a way to restricted all access to a word
document
except for viewing and printing. I know of the read only and password
protecting features but what i want is to take away the user's right to
copy/paste text from my document and to not be able to rename my document
obtain access. Is there a way to do this? I know I can most likely
transfer
this doc into a .pdf to accomplish some of these issues. Please let me
know.