Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Find what facility

Although you cannot drag and drop text into a dialog box, you should
certainly be able to right-click and choose Paste from the context menu.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
It has never been possible to paste into a dialog using the mouse; only
Ctrl+V works.

"Ron Barker" wrote in message
news
Suzanne

Sorry, I should have been more specific. Ctrl+V works. I have got used to
using the mouse and suddenly I can no longer do so to copy and paste a
word
or phrase into the Find window. I must have done something, I know not
what,
to make this happen. I would like to know how to put be able to use the
mouse.

Kind regards

Ron Barker

"Ron Barker" wrote:

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Are you using Ctrl+V to paste?

"Ron Barker" wrote in message
For some reason I am no longer able copy and paste into the Find
What
window.
I know there are other ways of using the find facility but still I
do not
understand why I can no longer copy a word or phrase and paste into
the
Find
What window. I am using word 2003. I would be grateful for any help.

Cheers