Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
J Loane J Loane is offline

Default TOC and section paragraph numbers

I Have a document where styles are a multi level list as follows

A Part
A.0 Section
A.0.1 Heading 1
A.0.1.1 Heading 2

etc
Current TOC looks like
A.0 Section Name 1
I would like to include the Section reference number ie A.0 ahead of the
page number in the table of contents. To look something like this:
A.0 Section Name A.0 1
Is it possible to edit the Field for the TOC to achieve this on an automatic
updating basis and save said TOC.
I need to do this because page numbering in the document requires the
section number.
This I have achieved by putting the STYLEREF section field in the footer and
limited it to the paragraph number.
Perhaps as an alternative there is some way that I can get the system to
recognise the STYLEREF section paragraph number as part of the page number
and then the existing TOC would do it automatically..??

Your thoughts much appreciated!