Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Frank Martin Frank Martin is offline

Default Exporting a table into Access2003.

Thank you. I figured it out, but there is
one annoying problem.

The table I have scanned from the book fills
the page in an up/down mode thought there is
still only two columns to the table.

Access2003 thinks that there are as many
fields as there are columns on the page.

How do I fix this? The scan comes out as a
RTF table in Word2003 with many columns, so
how do I get an only-two column table from
many? Cutting the extra columns and trying
to paste them to the first two does not work.

Regards, Frank

"Cindy M." wrote in
message news:VA.00000579.0093aee2@speedy...
Hi Frank,

I have Word/Access2003.

With a scanner I have successfully
converted
a table in a book into a table in
Word2003.

I want to transfer this Word2003 table
into a
table in Access2003.

Select the table. Table/Convert/Table to
Text. Save as a
plain text file (make sure there's nothing
else in the
document!). The result will be a standard
delimited text
file which Access should be able to import.

Caveat: if the table cells contain
paragraph marks you'll
need to remove them (or replace them with
something else)
before converting to text. The record
delimiter is a
paragraph and you can't change that.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
(last update
Jun 17 2005)
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup;
please post any
follow question or reply in the newsgroup
and not by e-mail
:-)