Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod macropod is offline

Default Mail Merge with Conditional Fields

Hi pmv,

You can do this with a series of IF tests on your column of Scenario data. If, for example, the checked scenario has a value of 1 to
10, then you could use:
{IF{MERGFIELD Scenario}= 1 Checked Unchecked}
{IF{MERGFIELD Scenario}= 2 Checked Unchecked}
{IF{MERGFIELD Scenario}= 9 Checked Unchecked}
{IF{MERGFIELD Scenario}= 10 Checked Unchecked}
where 'Checked' and 'Unchecked' are checked and unchecked checkboxes.

To create such one such field, position the cursor where you want the output to go and press Ctrl-F9 twice to create a nested pair
of field braces (ie '{{}}'), then fill the field coding as shown, replacing 'Scenario' with your scenario data name and the
'Checked' and 'Unchecked' with checked and unchecked checkboxes, respectively.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"pmv464" wrote in message ...
I am merging a excel doc with word 2003. One of my columns has items giving
a unique(1 of about 10 different) scenarios. In my word document, I have a
check box for each of the different scenarios. I would like Word to be able
to identify and check the box next to one of the scenerios. Is this possible?