Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
LurfysMa LurfysMa is offline

Default How can I get images to display in Draft view?

On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 19:31:00 -0500, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

Inline images should display in Draft view as they did in Normal, but
wrapped images have never displayed in Normal view and should not be
expected to in Draft view.

Are you referring to how the text wraps around the image? Please
explain what an inline vs wrapped image is.

I think the rules have changed from 2000 to 2007. Here's a little
test:

* Load a Word 2000 document
* Select Normal view
* Go to Excel
* Select a block of cells (4x5)
* Click Ctrl-C
* Click Ctrl-V
* Click on the Paste Options icon
* Select Paste as Picture

The picture is displayed.

* Click on the Office button
* Click Save as...
* Select Word (2007) document

The picture disappears. So it is not the same in 2000 and 2007.

Here's another oddity. If I now click on the Print Layout button, the
image is still not displayed. I just see a box where it should be.

But if I follow the exact same steps as above in a document that is
already in 2007 format, I see the complete image in Print Layout.
Still nothing at all in Draft Layout.

Please tell me what I need to do so that I can see the images in Draft
Layout.

--
Office 2007 Pro on WinXP